Saturday, February 15, 2014

Schlage Electronic Deadbolt

My parents have a Schlage electronic deadbolt (theirs is a BE369 with a Z-Wave radio but this also applies to the BE365 without a radio as well as the FE599 and FE595 lever locks) and were complaining about a couple of buttons that wouldn't always work properly anymore.  The fix was quick, easy, and free.

First, remove the interior cover by removing the two screws.

Next, unscrew the two bolts holding the two sides of the lock together.

Unplug the wire connecting the outside to the inside and remove both sides from the door.

Remove the six screws attaching the outside housing

Lift off the silicon keypad cover to reveal the circuit board underneath.

On the circuit board below the keys, you can see the residue on several of the button pads.  I didn't have any alcohol or electronics cleaner handy but I did have some brake cleaner so I squirted a little bit of brake cleaner into the spray can cap, dipped a q-tip in the cleaner, then just wiped off the residue.
Residue Removed from Circuit Board


After everything was put back together, it works just as good as new.

----> Fixed in 15 minutes for $0

No comments:

Post a Comment